Friday, April 22, 2011

Thoughts on paper...or web page, lol.

"Been gone for a minute now I'm back with the Jumpoff, goons in the club in case something pop off..." LOL...I'm just kidding!! BUT I have been gone for a while. I've had a lot on my mind and even more on my plate. Commencement is a little over two weeks away and final assignments are piling in. I also have the task of planning my graduation party, which includes sending out invites, securing chairs and tables, a DJ, updating the RSVP spreadsheet each time someone new RSVP's, and deciding on a menu. I must say, I LOVE EVENT PLANNING. It's the PR major in my coming out, I guess.

In addition to all of my commencement-related tasks, I'm in the process of "figuring out my life," moving into a new place, and getting plans together for my birthday. Figuring out my life takes a lot more mental energy than physical exertion, but I've found that mental fatigue can be a far worse condition than being tired or sleepy, lol. I have three potential job offers, but they are all in the area and I really wasn't trying to stay here. I'm still waiting on acceptance from a potential grad program, also in the area--but, if I do the grad program, I can't accept the job offers, because of the intensity of the program. I still have the option of moving, but due to some family-related things, I can't leave this area until January at the latest. I was talking to my college success counselor and she recommended taking one of the jobs and giving myself a year to apply for graduate programs and actually visit the campus and talk with the admissions officials. Upon deciding on a program (which may or may not be in the area that I originally anticipated moving to) I could move in late July or early August. She said it isn't exactly necessary to move an incredibly far amount of time in advance, because area acclimation happens naturally. She also said we could find me a job before July/August 2012. Totally agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."