Friday, April 1, 2011

Dye Job!






So, I got bored last night and I dyed and re-twisted my hair!! I've decided that I'm just going to start doing it myself because I like the way I do it better than the way the shop does it. I ran into a mother with dreads. She also had three daughters with dreads, middle school aged children. She asked me if I maintained my own and told me that she did hers and that her daughters also did their own. I was ashamed!! How dare twelve year olds know how to do their own hair and I don't? LOL! Sooo, I was determined to learn. She left me with some encouraging parting words, "who better to know your hair than you?"

I think I did a pretty good job!!
The color is reddish brown. I want to do something more on the chestnut blonde side, but this was my first time coloring my own hair and I didn't want to ruin it and be stuck with a bad and bright dye job, lol. This turned out well, so I'll be making me move I want within the next few months!

1 comment:

  1. you shouldnt feel ashamed...I think it is a good idea for people to go to a shop first before they start doing their own dreds. I heard that Black butterflies does a really great job with dreds. Also I know a place in richmond that does a gr8 job as well. Good luck with your lock journey also good luck with learning how to lock your hair. I know I dont know how to do it myself. But I am also not locking my hair either. haha. happy tuesaday!

    ReplyDelete

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."