Friday, January 14, 2011

"Does your faith discriminate, or is it simply prejudice?"

GOOD MORNING!!

Yesterday in my Sociology of Child Welfare class, we discussed the topics of prejudice and discrimination. Although I had never considered it before, I realized that they are two different words with related, yet contrasting meanings. To be prejudice of something, one must possess an unfavorable opinion or feeling of the said object of prejudice; however, to discriminate, one must actually act upon that unfavorable opinion or feeling. Hearing this immediately caused me to think of the correlation between faith, prejudice, and discrimination. As Believers, there is no doubt that we are inclined to support the doctrine of faith. We are opinionated in that we wholeheartedly know and feel that God can and will solve our problems, avenge our enemies, and fulfill our heart’s desires, but we fail to apply the faith that we have so much knowledge of into our daily lives. When we know without a “shout of a doubt” that God is able to bring us out and that we have the victory, yet we vex our minds with doubt, anxiety, and fear, we are simply being prejudice. However I am here today to tell you that God granted us the gift of faith not only so that we can be prejudice, but so that we can discriminate!! Not only must we know that “He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6) and that “with Him, nothing is impossible” (Luke 1:37), we must likewise act upon our knowledge. I encourage you not to settle for simply being prejudice, but to stretch your faith to it’s limits and to actually discriminate. Walk in the victory that God has already given you by not allowing yourself to succumb to thoughts and feelings of doubt. What benefit are tools and resources if we fail to apply them? Have faith…and use it!

Thank you for reading. I pray that you enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."