Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Already Knew.


You lied to me.

You promised you would always be here.

So I accepted your words in exchange for my all.


But who's really to blame?

Me or you?

Maybe you really believed you'd never leave?

Or perhaps you were never really here to begin with?


I knew you were lying.

But is it wrong that part of me felt like if I ignored myself long enough I'd instead become the liar?


Maybe I was just being a pessimist?

I couldn't possibly know the future before it became reality, right?


I was different.

I was special.

I wasn't like any of those other girls that you'd forcefully pushed into oblivion.


Yet as different and as special as I was,

Here I stand.

With a fist full of your broken promises that I knew were never really whole to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."