Thursday, March 31, 2011

Water Sick?

Okay, so I think I've discovered the reason why I've been getting sick. I don't know if this makes any sense, but I think I've been drinking too much water? For over the past three weeks, I've drank only water (as far as beverages goes, I've still eaten regularly). I NEVER get sick. Probably only one time a year at the most, so the fact that I've come down with something different every week for the past two weeks is significant proof that something is wrong. I did a little research and found out that too much water can reduce the amount of sodium in your blood. In turn, you have lower energy. Before doing my research, I kind of common sensibly came up with the conclusion that because water lacks calories, it also lacks vitamins and minerals that fruit juices have. For instance, Hawaiian Punch is rich in Vitamin C. Thus, no Hawaiian Punch means no Vitamin C. Drinking between 5 and 8 ounces of water a day reduces the likelihood of a woman to die of a heart attack by 41%, because the water thins the blood and prevents clotting. However, I've been drinking closer to 34 ounces of water a day, some days, over 50. I think that the key is balance. Water makes my body feel purer, it also makes my mouth feel cleaner as it eliminates the chalky build-up that juices and sodas leave behind, BUT I need to drink juice in order to remain balanced. It's kind of like becoming a vegetarian, wholetime meat is actually good for the body because it gives us proteins. So overall, I don't think it's smart to make any left-field decisions in your eating habits, but to instead maintain balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."