Monday, January 10, 2011

"Meditate on These Things..."

Good Morning!!!

I don’t know about you all, but I am a sucker for comparisons. The majority of my personal relationships are under constant scrutiny…and since I’m being transparent, I’ll admit that I often look for the smallest reason to consider a person unsuitable to continue being in my life.
Rather than meditating on “whatever things are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, and of good report” [Philippians 4:8], I make outlandish comparisons to past people and past experiences, not even giving the present person the chance to (if they even were going to) commit the offense that the past person did.


I’ll say “we,” because I’m sure you can relate…WE have to stop being so quick to find fault in others. Just because we’ve been in past situations that hurt us, left us broken, and caused us trouble doesn’t mean that all of our friendships and relationships will have that same ending.
God would not have us to be ignorant [2 Corinthians 2:11]…trust me, He will let us know when or if to cut people out of our life who mean us no good.


We’re in a NEW YEAR…if you haven’t left 2010 on December 31, promise me that you’ll leave it at the conclusion of this email. God has some amazing things in store for us, but we can’t gain new things with old mindsets! Instead of meditating on the past, let’s pledge to meditate on those things outlined in Philippians 4:8!!

God bless you and THANK YOU so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."