Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR (no "s")



Just thought I'd offer a simple English lesson for all of my readers...we're in a new YEAR (singular), not a "new years." I won't go too deep into it because you'll hate me for all the details, so let's just leave it at that :-)

Now, let's cut to the chase...**fanfare please**


I brought in the New Year in a new kind of way.
This year I didn't ring it in at church like I've traditionally done (long story), but instead I rung it in beside my best friend Charnelle at one of our mutual friends' apartments.

It was a foreign experience to me as I can't recall a 12:00am January 1 that I wasn't in the sanctuary of some brick-faced church.
Nonetheless, this newness wasn't bad...nor was it to reap me hellfire and damnation as I'd assumed, but it was just that: NEW.

The irony behind me not attending church this year is in that I still know my new experience was a move of God...I think we limit him so oft to "church, the Bible, the object of the cross" and other "saintly" figures...failing to experience Him in a more abundant fashion.

I can truly say that I enjoyed myself and completely represented Him to all of the beautiful people I brought this wonderful, blessed year in with.

As you can see, I'm totally loving adjectives this year =)...all a part of my newly adopted "no negativity" mantra: EVERYTHING CAN BE AND WILL BE MADE POSITIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."