Friday, December 31, 2010

My Favorite Things: 2010 Edition

With a new year hastily approaching, I thought it would be great to do a blog post on my favorite things from 2010!

Below, you'll find my top choice movies, music/YouTube videos, words, fashion trends, songs, books, electronics, etc, etc, etc.


Hopefully you can relate...now let's begin our walk down carril de la memoria (memory lane)...LOL!!


Let's cap this thing off in the right way...my favorite Bible verse!

This was difficult, but I'm going to pick Zechariah 4:6: "'Not by power nor by might, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord."


Color: RED...always and forever!!

Poem: "See it Through" by Edgar Albert Guest


When you're up against a trouble,
Meet it squarely, face to face;
Lift your chin and set your shoulders,
Plant your feet and take a brace.
When it's vain to try to dodge it,
Do the best that you can do;
You may fail, but you may conquer,
See it through!
Black may be the clouds about you
And your future may seem grim,
But don't let your nerve desert you;
Keep yourself in fighting trim.
If the worst is bound to happen,
Spite of all that you can do,
Running from it will not save you,
See it through!

Even hope may seem but futile,
When with troubles you're beset,
But remember you are facing
Just what other men have met.
You may fail, but fall still fighting;
Don't give up, whate'er you do;
Eyes front, head high to the finish.
See it through!
Ice Cream Flavor: I'm a french vanilla girl :-)

Language: Spanish...because I passed it after my second time taking it...with an A-

Pasttime: Reading and reflecting.

Instrument: Acoustic Guitar


Designer: Michael Kors

Fragrance: Tresor by Lancome...introduced in 1990, this vintage perfume is still a hit!!

Female Artist: Chrisette Michele...her music has so much substance!!

Website: This would have to be between Google, Ebay, and Urbandictionary...

Social networking site: Facebook. Sorry Jack :-/ Song: Since we're talking 2010, I'll have to give it to my girl Jazmine Sullivan with "Holdin' You Down."

Network: Disney...Wizards of Waverly Place, the Suite Life of Zack and Cody, need I go on??

Movie: Toy Story 3 (it made me cry!)

Television Show: This is a toughie...with the Game, Pretty Little Liars, and Everybody Hates Chris...I'll have to go with Family Guy!


Comedian: Lil' Duval...he always had me weak on Twitter!

Actress: Beyonce Knowles

Actor: Boris Kodjoe my lawd!

Music video: Keri Hilson's Pretty Girl Rock and Beyonce's Why Don't You Love Me?
Fashion trend: Harem pants, clogs



Car: Burgundy 2010 Acura TL


Cosmetic product: The Colossal Volume Express Mascara by Maybelline...great lengthening tool.


Hair product: Motions Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion...it was the least expensive product I purchased after going natural, but the best. HANDS DOWN!


YouTube video: Ahhh...coonery at it's finest. I have a few faves, but this one takes the cake:



Favorite Youtuber: MsVaughn...natural hair extraordinaire! She's helped me so much through this journey!!

Book: "The Conversation" by Hill Harper (review coming soon)

Phone: Android HTC Evo


Word: ughhh, I love words...I'll take "obdurate" for 500 Alex...eyyy, I have my reasons :-)


Athlete: Chris Paul...because he's cute, do I need any other reason??

Male Artist: I think Trey Songz did his thing this year. He deserves this title.

Rapper: Lil' Wayne...he's an excellent lyricist, I don't care what nobody says!! LOL. And perhaps Wale for Break-up Song and Ambitious Girl.

Sport: I got more in tune with sports this year...I'm still a basketball fan at heart. It all goes back to those days in the ICN gym when I cheered my butt off for our JV and Varsity teams...I hated football season, it was COLD!!!



Blog: Natural Belle (http://hairspiration.blogspot.com/)

Jeans brand: American Eagle and Seven for All Mankind (two of the only jeans made to fit tall, skinny girls like me)

Quote:
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.” -Dr. Suess

Activity: EVENT PLANNING!! and researching about various things.

Places to visit: I've been a lot of places, but home is where the heart is...


And that's a wrap!! Thanks for walking down memory lane with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."