Sunday, March 13, 2011

Frustration :(

So, this is the perfect depiction of how I feel right now:

Only, my hair and skin are a little bit darker and my breasts are a little bit smaller, lol.

I NEED MY HAIR DONE.

It itches and I have frizzies.

I was planning to go next Tuesday, but I don't think I can hold up that long.






I have three options besides waiting:

1. Change my appointment to this week instead of next week.

2. Let my roommate re-twist my dreads for me.

3. Learn how to re-twist them myself.


  • Option one will cost me $65.

  • Options two and three will cost me a little over fifteen dollars.

I was going to go back to the shop this one time and see how my loctician does them and then re-twist them myself from there, only going back every 2-3 months, BUT I'm scared.

Before going natural, I was so dependent upon the hair dresser.
I used to be a shampoo technician and I think it scarred me for life.
I didn't want to wash my hair myself, I didn't want to style it myself, heck, I barely wanted to unwrap it myself.

...And I think I'm ruined.

For some reason I'm just afraid that I'll mess my dreads up.
...That they'll become thin and break off.

BUT, I have to "conquer fear with love" (not sure if that applies here, but oh well)

---
As of right now, I still haven't decided what I'm going to do, but I'm leaning toward option 2, followed by option 3.

I'm only giving myself this one freebie though: if someone else does them this time, I'm doing them from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."