Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Need a Fanny Pack!!

So, I woke up this morning ("grrr" to time springing forward) and decided to go for a run. Since I get really distracted by seeing the time on the treadmill, I opted to go outdoors. Today is a nice day, mid to upper sixties for the high...great sweating weather. As I gathered my things to go, I realized that I needed to take my keys, my water bottle, and my cell phone so that I could keep track of the time and use the stop watch (and in case I encountered any creeps that I needed to call the police on, lol). Then I realized, my key was too small to put in my sports bra and that it would probably fall out mid-run. And of course I couldn't fit my water bottle in there (lol)...further, I didn't want my cell phone to get all sweaty so I couldn't put that in there either.

The next option was to store things in my shoe.

....an OBVIOUS no-go.

So, I checked my closet.
Because out of all the things I do own, a fanny pack would have to be one of them, right??


WRONG.

Then my mind wandered back to the other day when I was at the thrift store.
There were two fanny packs there...and they were only 75 cents...
siiigh ::smacks forehead::

...................So today, I had to settle for a tread mill run.
I brought post-it notes to cover up the time, BUT they kept falling off
:(

So overall, my techniques to not see the time were a fail,
BUT I did successfully run a mile in 10:42, which is much better than yesterday's over 13 minutes. To have had such improvement from one day to the next makes me think that perhaps I haven't been exerting myself enough.

Maybe there really are 8 minutes or less inside of me and I don't need three months of training to reach it. Maybe just maybe I can run a mile in 6 minutes???


Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."