Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Those People."

Sometimes I feel condemned...by myself.
Sometimes I feel like a hypocrite.
Sometimes I feel like I'm doing something wrong in my walk with Christ.

...and those feelings aren't as a result of actual wrongdoings, because everyone who knows me know that I glorify God in everything I do.

Those feelings are because when I compare myself to some of the other Christians I've encountered, I realize that there is no comparison.

I go to church, I read my Bible, I pray, I have a relationship with God, I witness, and I live my life by the Book...but then I wonder why I don't see myself 'as Christian' as some of the other Christians I know??

You know, those people who goes to church every day of the week, have difficulty holding "regular" conversations, won't listen to any type of music but gospel, won't wear tattoos or piercings, refuse to watch the BET Gospel Awards because Steve Harvey hosts....

...those people.

yea...I'm not one of "those people."

I'm just Dolly.
I love the Lord with all of my heart.
I have a tattoo and plan to get more.
I have three piercings.
I laugh at the name "Diddy Dirty Money" and think "No Hands" is a funny song.
I love when Lloyd yoddles in "Lay it Down."
Rhianna's my fashion inspiration.
All of the people I know aren't exactly bishops and apostles...
I'm a regular human being.

But is 'me' wrong?
Does God seek to use the individual personalities of his children to draw others unto Him...or does He seek to transform all of us into the same type of individual?

I know that "all things in Christ become new," (2 Cor. 5:17) but I wonder...is there only one type of newness that we're supposed to become?

...which brings me to my next tattoo: "No condemnation." (inspired by Romans 8:1)

Because there's so much comparison and judgment in the world that we're failing to save souls...and I refuse to be one of "those people" who make people feel like "those people" make me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."