Sunday, December 19, 2010

More About Faces.


"Entreat me not to leave you,
Or to turn back from following after you;
For wherever you go, I will go:
And wherever you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people.
And your God, my God.
Where you die, I will die,
And there will I be buried.
The Lord do so to me, and more also,
If
anything but death parts you and me."

(Ruth 1:16-17)
Sweet, huh??

What we fail to realize when we pick someone as our inspiration or role model is that that person went through something in order to get to the place of our admiration.

To desire to be like that person is to desire to have trials and tribulations equal to theirs.

To deserve what they have is to endure what they've been through.

Each day as I grow more in my study of Ruth, I ask God to make me more like her...loyal, compassionate, unselfish, humble, gracious...

And then I find myself wondering why my love seems to return to me void, why it seems like no one understands me, why I continue to pray with seemingly no answer, why I feel taken for granted...

But I have to realize that asking for such noteworthy characteristics is synonymous with asking for situations, trials, and tribulations that will develop those attributes in me.

Be careful whose face you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dollydylesiady

My photo
...I'm just a reflection of Him. "He is the truth and He is so real and I love the way that He makes me feel...His light it shines so bright, I wouldn't lie."